Thursday 1 November 2012

Long time no post + huge update

Hello again!

It's been awhile since I have posted here, and it's time I begin to jot down my work within university again, as a personal 3rd year journal, almost.

I will be moving blogs after University to focus more on professional grade work, but until then, this blog will serve as a good documentation of my 3rd year work, mostly about a collaborative PC game I am working on, called 'Echoes' for our 3rd year project, as well as work I have done so far.

The first project I have just finished this year was a Maya exercise  where we had to animate a series of bouncing balls within Maya, build a ball-with-legs rig and animate a walk cycle on it, and then piece together and animate some motion-captured footage in a new program called 'Motion Builder', by Autodesk within 3 weeks.


Using motion trails in Maya allowed us to see where the keys where in 3D space to create smooth loops for convincing ball bounces.


In the next post I will be showing the rigging process to create the ball with legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment